Heritage architecture houses a
state-of-the-art events centre
in the heart of Dunedin city
The grand baroque style of the Dunedin Centre makes an
impressive setting for any New Zealand event.
Inside you'll find the very best in conference, exhibition and
performance facilities - it's the perfect blend of old-world style
and modern convenience.
Events suited to this unique venue:
- New Zealand Conferences, tradeshows and exhibitions
- Gala dinners, cocktail events and social functions
- Concerts, recitals and live performances
- Weddings and wedding receptions
The Town Hall auditorium is the largest of the
Dunedin Centre's facilities, accommodating up to 2,300 people for
performances or tradeshows or up to 550 for a formal seated dinner.
A truly grand venue, the Town Hall is suitable for major New
Zealand conferences, concerts, recitals, balls, or large
The Glenroy Auditorium, at half the size, is suitable for more
intimate functions of up to a few hundred people.
A wide variety of other conference rooms, meeting rooms, lounges
and bars provide ample choice for various event types and sizes,
all housed within this stunning architectural masterpiece.
- High profile central location in The Octagon
- Historic architecture with many original features
- Contains New Zealand's largest auditorium, the Dunedin Town
- Home to 'Norma' - an original symphonic pipe organ built in
1919 and still operational
- Wheelchair and lift access to all areas
The Dunedin Centre is located in the heart of Dunedin city,
adjacent to central plaza called 'The Octagon'. It's steps away
from accommodation, restaurants, cafés, bars, shopping, and major
It's also just a 35 minute drive from Dunedin International
The Dunedin Centre is receiving an extensive $45 million
redevelopment to cement its standing as the most sophisticated and
comprehensive conference facilities anywhere in New Zealand.
The historic Dunedin Town Hall auditorium will feature new
seating inside with state-of-the-art climate control.
Other key aspects of the redevelopment are:
- Improved interior layout with better access between areas
- Upgrades to technological resources (power, data and AV)
- New kitchen facilities
- The addition of two new conference/function spaces
Once finished, this amazing complex will set the standard for
stylish events and meeting venues, built to the highest
specification in New Zealand.